Dr. Fernando Bermudez, M.D., F.A.C.P., F.A.C.G.
Dr. Fernando Bermudez, M.D., F.A.C.P., F.A.C.G., received his Doctorate of Medicine from Javeriana University, Bogota, Colombia. He completed his medical training in Internal Medicine at St. John Hospital, Detroit, MI and a fellowship in gastroenterology at Michael Reese Medical Center, Chicago, IL.
Dr. Bermudez is Board Certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. He is a Fellow of American College of Internal Medicine, American College of Gastroenterology, and a member of American Gastroenterological Association and American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, MGMA, AMA, American College of Physician Executives.
Currently he holds the following positions:
- Medical Director and seated on the Board, Eastside Endoscopy Center
- Physician Financial Executive GI Medicine Associates
- Former Division Head, Department of Gastroenterology, St. John Hospital
- Former Medical Director, Endoscopy Unit, St. John Hospital
- Former Chairman, Endoscopy Committee, St. John Hospital
- Former Clinical Assistant Professor, Wayne State University
- Former Medical Director of the International Institute of Rural Reconstruction, Bogota, Columbia